Lockdown is going pretty well. Then again it’s only been five days 🙂
A few interesting things I’ve noticed this week already:
1) I prefer to feel slightly hungry (which I do often on this plan) than full and bloated.
2) Also being slightly hungry actually gives me more energy. Eating like crap makes me really tired.
3) I don’t miss a lot of the crap I eat actually.
4) That said I miss sweets a lot. They are my achilles heel. Especially ice cream.
5) Lunch is the hardest. Meaning I get really hungry by noon now, and unless I plan ahead I run the greatest risk of eating something bad or not well thought out.
6) I forgot how much I really enjoy cooking.
7) Spinach is underrated.
8) You remember what “real” food tastes like.
9) You save a lot of money, particularly in NYC, when you don’t eat out.
10) Diet soda, specifically Coke Zero, is very, very hard for me to give up. I know I should. I know it’s terrible for you, but I love it. I don’t drink alcohol much if at all, and I’ve never smoked. Though diet soda is my one bad vice. I’m switching to lemon water from the Sodastream, but it just doesn’t do it for me like a nice Coke Zero.
11) Oh, I also can’t cut out coffee. Especially my “afternoon” cup. That’s because it’s more like a smoke break for me. It’s the whole 10 minute routine around 3 to go get an afternoon coffee. That one will probably stay. I need that one I think, even though I should kill it from my daily routine.
12) I feel better mentally already. Less lethargic as I mentioned, but also you feel more positive. Like you know you are doing something right and that spills over into other areas of your life.
13) It’s not as hard as you think. Really it’s not. It’s only in the last 20 to 30 years the American diet has gone haywire. Thank high fructose corn syrup and processed food for that. And oh yeah, serving sizes are crazy. It’s not really a diet it’s just called eating normal.
14) Fruit doesn’t do it for me. I really wish it did. Just never liked it. Bananas are ok I suppose.